|Episode Overview||Summary||POI||Cast and Characters||Crew|
|Person of Interest — Season 1 (Flashbacks in parentheses) Season 2 →|
|101 “Pilot” (Reese)||109 “Get Carter” (Carter)||117 “Baby Blue”|
|102 “Ghosts” (Finch)||110 “Number Crunch”||118 “Identity Crisis”|
|103 “Mission Creep” (Reese)||111 “Super” (Finch)||119 “Flesh and Blood” (Elias)|
|104 “Cura Te Ipsum”||112 “Legacy”||120 “Matsya Nyaya” (Reese)|
|105 “Judgment”||113 “Root Cause”||121 “Many Happy Returns” (Reese)|
|106 “The Fix”||114 “Wolf and Cub”||122 “No Good Deed” (Finch/Ingram)|
|107 “Witness”||115 “Blue Code” (Reese)||123 “Firewall”|
|108 “Foe” (Reese)||116 “Risk”|
|“||Elias, you win.||”|
When The Machine spits out the number of a 6-month-old baby, Reese and Finch turn into overly protective parents - with an arsenal at their disposal. Meanwhile, when Elias resurfaces, Detective Carter begins to question her new allegiance with Reese and Finch.
Origin of the Title
"Baby Blue" is a term often used to refer to color, as in, baby blue eyes. However, this is a play on words, because blue can mean a feeling of sadness or despair.
Main Plot Points
- Carl Elias's father, Moretti, is released from prison, and Reese and Carter protect him.
- Meanwhile, Finch follows the new POI and decides to kidnap the 6-month-old to protect her from abduction.
- Elias plans revenge against his father and battles to gain control of the criminal world.
- When the baby is abducted from Finch, Reese turns to Elias in a last ditch effort to save Leila.
- Elias helps Reese, but then turns the table to use Reese to get information on Moretti.
- Carter begins to doubt her partnership with Reese and Finch after Szymanski is shot.
- According to the NYPD website, the events of the episode start on March 6, 2012, two days before the original air date of the episode.
- Finch, following the Universal Law of the White Lab Coat, identifies himself as "Dr. Tillman" to the Duty Nurse just prior to becoming "some weird looking guy (who) stole her". Dr. Tillman was one of the first POI's helped by our intrepid protagonists.
- Reese meets Elias because the exchange is going to take place that night. Anthony, Scarface, tells Reese the address and says, you might make it in time. Then the next shot of the exchange is daytime.
- "Cops all look the same." (Moretti)
- "A baby went missing from a clinic in the Washington Heights last night." (Finch) "Missing? It was stolen. By some weird looking... No! You didn't!" (Carter) "She was in imminent danger of kidnapping." (Finch) "So you kidnapped her!?" (Carter)
- "Hacked is such an ugly word." (Finch)
- "I told you to move your arsenal." (Finch to Reese, like fussy parents, after finding the baby with a grenade)
- "Put the bag down." (Reese) "No, you'll just shoot me." (Gangster) "You're right." (Reese, who shoots to kill)
- "Elias! Alright. You win." (Reese)
- "You were right, I would never harm a child. But then again, I knew you wouldn't either." (Elias)
- " Whenever you show up, trouble's just around the corner." (Carter)
- "Be nice to have a child." (Reese)