|Episode Overview||Summary||POI||Cast and Characters||Crew|
|Person of Interest — Season 1 (Flashbacks in parentheses) Season 2 →|
|101 “Pilot” (Reese)||109 “Get Carter” (Carter)||117 “Baby Blue”|
|102 “Ghosts” (Finch)||110 “Number Crunch”||118 “Identity Crisis”|
|103 “Mission Creep” (Reese)||111 “Super” (Finch)||119 “Flesh and Blood” (Elias)|
|104 “Cura Te Ipsum”||112 “Legacy”||120 “Matsya Nyaya” (Reese)|
|105 “Judgment”||113 “Root Cause”||121 “Many Happy Returns” (Reese)|
|106 “The Fix”||114 “Wolf and Cub”||122 “No Good Deed” (Finch/Ingram)|
|107 “Witness”||115 “Blue Code” (Reese)||123 “Firewall”|
|108 “Foe” (Reese)||116 “Risk”|
|“||Everyone deserves a second chance.||”|
— Andrea Gutierrez
When Carter finally comes face-to-face with Reese, he urges her to join forces to help with their latest POI, a scrappy young woman from the wrong side of the tracks who turned her life around and became a lawyer.
Origin of the Title
The title of this episode could be a nod to the computer term Legacy. A legacy system is an old method, technology, computer system, or application program, "of, relating to, or being a previous or outdated computer system." Often a pejorative term, referencing a system as "legacy" often implies that the system is out of date or in need of replacement but is too widely implemented to do so.
It could also double a nod to Nathan Ingram's death and what he would leave behind for his son to inherit.
Main Plot Points
- Person of Interest: Andrea Gutierrez - a defendant lawyer who got tangled into a con that involve adopting children of former criminal.
- Will Ingram is introduced
- Will is suspicious about Nathan's involvement of a secret project.
- The creation and funding of The Machine is touched upon
- Nathan Ingram's personal relationships is touched upon
- Fusco and Reese began to secretly track Finch
Bloopers and Continuity Errors
- When Carter gets into a taxi its sign says off duty on the top but they still give her a ride.
- According to Andrea Gutierrez's bank statement, the events of this episode start on January 18, 2012.
- The arrest report Finch created to support Reese's cover identity when he goes to see Andrea states Reese's name as John Friel, born February 4, 1937, and is 5' 10" tall. Arrested for aggravated murder (top code 125.26) on February 1, 1984.*
- "I looked for a sorry-I-got-you-shot card but they were all out" (Carter)
- "Those CIA boys spend a lot of time learning to be invisible" (Reese)
- "I had to run two lights just to make sure my own people weren't trailing me" (Carter)
- "You can have your rules. And you have a chance to save a life" (Reese to Carter)
- "Getting paranoid, Carter. That's a step in the right direction" (Reese)
- "You look worried. Did your tailor move out of town?" (Reese to Finch)
- "Everyone deserves a second chance" (Andrea)
- "So much for not dropping any bodies" (Reese)
- "I give you an address and you promise no one will get dead, and what happens?" (Carter)
- "Your good at this Carter." (Reese) "It's my job. And I don't even have to shoot anyone to do it. (Carter)
- "Now, most of it, I don't understand, get lost when it comes to computers, like you, right?" (Will Ingram to Finch) — "Right." (Finch, chuckling)