A person of interest (POI) is an individual who will be involved in a violent crime. The Machine, without indicating whether the individual is the victim or the perpetrator, supplies the POI's Social Security number to Reese and Finch, who study their background and attempt to prevent the violent crime from occurring.
Since Season 1, the intro has provided some scenes from the episode. Starting with "Masquerade", an ID is shown with the person of interest.
Irrelevant Numbers Edit
Main article: Irrelevant Numbers (Season 1)
- Zoe Morgan ("The Fix")
- Carl Elias ("Witness")
- Joss Carter ("Get Carter")
- Gianni Moretti ("Baby Blue")
- Caroline Turing ("Firewall")
Main article: Irrelevant Numbers (Season 2)
- Leon Tao ("The Contingency") ("Critical") ("All In")
- Nicholas Donnelly ("Prisoner's Dilemma")
- Kara Stanton ("Dead Reckoning")
- Sameen Shaw ("Relevance")
- Cal Beecher ("Trojan Horse")
- Ernest Thornhill ("Zero Day")
Main article: Irrelevant Numbers (Season 3)
- Jason Greenfield ("Mors Praematura")
- Alonzo Quinn ("Endgame")
- John Reese ("The Crossing")
- Patrick Simmons ("The Devil's Share")
- Arthur Claypool ("Lethe") ("Aletheia")
- Daniel Casey ("RAM")
- Cyrus Wells ("Root Path (/)")
- Peter Collier ("Most Likely To…")
- Roger McCourt ("Death Benefit")
- Grace Hendricks ("Beta")
Main article: Relevant Numbers
Numbers produced by the Machine after determining that those individuals would pose a threat to national security.
Main article: Other Numbers
Persons of Interest who either appeared in a flashback or in a side arc providing background information relevant to the main event.
Origin of TermEdit
The term "Person of interest" is used by U.S. Law enforcement. The original term identifies a suspect that has already been accused of committing the crime, rather than an individual that will be involved in one in the future.