- John Reese finds out his ex-girlfriend Jessica Arndt was killed. He exacts revenge on her husband, and runs into Finch truly for the first time, though he doesn't realise. ("Many Happy Returns")
- On September 16, John Reese meets Harold Finch for the first time. Finch offers Reese a job. ("Pilot") ("The Contingency")
- On September 20, while walking through Central Park, Harold Finch explains The Machine to John Reese and mentions the Irrelevant List as his reason for hiring him. ("Pilot") ("The Contingency")
- Reese, now employed for Finch, works to save the life of Theresa Whitaker. He also discovers that Finch is recognised as Harold and is working incognito within IFT. ("Ghosts")
- On September 29, Maxine Angelis interviews Detective Terney about the man in a suit, who had saved a man's life by kneecapping two assassins sent to kill him. ("Ghosts") ("Bury the Lede")
- The CIA discovers that Reese is still alive, and make their move to silence him with agents Mark Snow and Tyrell Evans. Reese is seriously wounded in their attempt, but escapes with the help of Finch and Detective Joss Carter. ("Number Crunch")
- Reese is bound to a wheelchair recovering from gunshot wounds. ("Super")
- The Machine recognises Reese as an asset. ("Super")
- Reese protects the new person of interest, Andrea Gutierrez, from being attacked on the street.
- Will Ingram is bailed out of jail by Finch. It's the first time they see each other in a long time. ("Legacy")
- Travis McGrady is being shot and killed. ("Wolf and Cub")
- Agent Donnelley arrives at the 8th precinct to interrogate Scott Powell after he allegedly killed Congressman Delancy. ("Root Cause")
- Root hacks into the Library and later contacts Finch via IRC chat.
- Will Ingram visits Finch and talks with him about the Machine and that he had contacted Alicia Corwin. ("Wolf and Cub")
- Reese sends Fusco out to collect information about Finch. As a result, the Machine recognises them as a threat. ("Wolf and Cub")
- Reese saves Fusco from being executed by a member of HR. ("Blue Code")
- Finch prepares Reese for his next assignment, which is to watch out for Adam Saunders, a prop trader who finds himself in danger because of alleged trading violations. ("Risk")
- Scarface leaves a cell phone in a bin for Carter to find it. When she gives it to Reese they find out that Elias is behind all of it. ("Risk")
- Gianni Moretti is released from prison and taken into protective custody by Carter. ("Baby Blue")
- Finch abducts Leila Smith in order to protect her from being smuggled out of the country. ("Baby Blue")
- Scarface abducts Carter's son Taylor who is later rescued by Reese. ("Flesh and Blood")
- Carl Elias is being apprehended by Carter and Fusco and put in prison.
- Gianni Moretti and his son Gianni Moretti, Jr. die in a car explosion set up by Scarface on behalf of Elias. ("Flesh and Blood")
- Reese tells Carter more about the work he and Finch do. Carter helps him by arresting the perpetrator. ("Matsya Nyaya")
- Snow and Evans approach Carter and warn her to stay away from the FBI investigation on Reese. ("Matsya Nyaya")
- Fusco shoots Lynch to protect Reese.
- Kara Stanton lures Snow and Evans to the Royal Manhattan Hotel and shoots them.
- Reese is given an apartment for his birthday from Finch. ("Many Happy Returns")
- Sarah Jennings' number is produced by the Machine.
- Agent Donnelley approaches Carter and asks her to join him in the investigation about Reese.
- Carter learns about Reese's and Jessica's relationship. ("Many Happy Returns")
- Reese successfully saves Sarah Jennings' life before he delivers Brad Jennings to Torreón penitentiary in Mexico.
- Reese tails Finch and finds out how Finch receives numbers from the Machine. ("No Good Deed")
- Finch and Reese find out that Henry Peck may be about to discover the Machine. They also discover that Peck is in contact with Alicia Corwin. ("No Good Deed")
- Finch tells Peck about the existence of the Machine and supplies him with new papers for him to disappear. Alicia Corwin overhears their conversation. ("No Good Deed")
- Reese meets Grace and learns about her relationship with Finch and that she lost him two years ago because of an accident (They had been together 4 years). ("No Good Deed")
- Alicia follows Finch and finds out about the Library. ("Firewall")
- The FBI circle in on Reese when he tries to save Turing.
- Alicia breaks into the Library and later tracks down Finch in his car. ("Firewall")
- Carter and Fusco discover that they have both been working for Finch and Reese.
- Root kills Alicia and kidnaps Finch. ("Firewall")
- Reese contacts the Machine.
- The Machine gives Reese the SSN of Leon Tao. ("The Contingency")
- Hersh starts corrupting the investigation into Alicia Corwin's murder.
- Reese adopts Bear.
- Root takes Finch to Maryland.
- Urged by Reese, the Machine spits out another number of a girl named Hanna Frey who disappeared in Texas in 1991. ("The Contingency")
- Root attacks Denton Weeks and captures him.
- Reese and Carter arrive in Bishop, TX to find out more about Root. ("Bad Code")
- Reese and Carter discover that Hanna Frey had been killed right after she was abducted and that Root is in fact her friend Sam. ("Bad Code")
- Weeks is shot and killed by Root.
- Reese tracks down Root and successfully rescues Finch.
End of MayEdit
- Finch suffers from PTSD after the abduction. ("Masquerade")
- Sofia Campos' number is produced by the Machine and Reese poses as her bodyguard to protect her.
- Hersh removes an RFID chip from Corwin's body.
- Carter runs into Snow at the morgue when she was there to talk to the medical examiner who examined Alicia Corwin's body that had been in cold storage for one week after she was killed. Carter tells Snow that Evans had been found dead in a hotel five weeks ago.
- Kara Stanton keeps Snow locked in a storage room and makes him run errands for her.
- The Machine sends Maxine Angelis' number. ("Bury the Lede")
- The FBI around Agent Donnelly arrests 75 members of HR.
- Maxine receives a phone call from an anonymous source telling her that Christopher Zambrano was the head of HR. ("Bury the Lede")
- In order to protect her, Reese goes on an orchestrated date with Maxine.
- The Department of Justice is contacted regarding the FBI's decision to indefinitely detain four suspects regarding the "Man in the Suit" investigation. ("Prisoner's Dilemma")
- Following a brief period of imprisonment, Reese encounters his old partner, and Agent Donnelly is murdered. ("Prisoner's Dilemma")
- Kara Stanton uses Reese and Mark Snow to carry out errands for her, ultimately letting her upload a program set to affect the infrastructure of the United States and potentially the Machine, five months from that point in time. (2x13)
- Both former CIA agents Stanton and Snow are killed in an explosion from Snow's bomb vest. (2x13)