An updated title sequence was introduced with the third episode of the second season. Similar to the title sequence of the first season, the new sequence also includes surveillance shots, overlaid with information by the Machine, and a voice-over narration of Finch explaining the basics of the Machine, albeit slightly altered and condensed from its previous iteration.
|“||You are being watched. The government has a secret system — a machine — that spies on you every hour of every day. I designed the machine to detect acts of terror, but it sees everything. Violent crimes involving ordinary people. The government considers these people irrelevant. We don’t. Hunted by the authorities, we work in secret. You'll never find us. But victim or perpetrator, if your number’s up, we’ll find you.||”|
Two other sets of IDs (008/2720.10 and 005/3020.06) are shown throughout the title sequence, appearing randomly over the characters displayed.
Starting with “Bury the Lede” an individual ID number is displayed over the episode's person of interest at the end of the title sequence.
- The title sequence of the second season was produced at Imaginary Forces.
- Director: Miguel Lee
- Producers: Chris Quilty, Melissa Johnson
- Designers: Ash Thorp, Miguel Lee, AJ Bae, Lisa Chen
- Animators: Ryan Summers, Wesley Kandel, Miguel Lee, AJ Bae, Garrett Quon, Mark Feldman
- Editor: Keith Roberts
- Logo Design: William Hastings
- Coordinators: Joseph Abou-Sakher, Ryan Speers, Dominick Guglielmo